Our Video Consultation Service allows our veterinary team to assist clients when we’re not able to provide care and treatment in the surgery. This is particularly important during the current COVID-19 situation.
Using a technology platform called Microsoft Teams, our clinicians can offer advice and help to monitor and update treatment for pets already under our care. Under certain circumstances, we may be able to provide veterinary attention to new cases, where no other more suitable arrangements can be made.
How does it work?
- Please call the practice on 01823 653510. Our Receptionist will take some information and advise of the best way to manage your request.
- A further telephone triage appointment may be required, in order to determine if a video consultation is appropriate.
- The Client will then need to email the practice back and confirm they are happy to progress with the consultation.
- Once this has been confirmed, the practice will email back with the time of the appointment and the link to follow for the video consultation.
- The appointment will then take place, as planned as a video consultation.
Following professional guidance from the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS)
To offer this service, we have engaged with the RCVS on the current Medicines Act. Under the circumstances of the Coronavirus outbreak, some relaxation of these rules are permissible, such as when an owner must remain isolated at home, or where treating a pet in the practice is not practical and no reasonable alternative is available. Under these circumstances, a video consultation may be appropriate.
Video Consultation Service terms and conditions
- Our vets will be able to offer general advice and help to monitor and update treatment for pets already under our care. We may be able to provide veterinary attention to new cases, where no other more suitable arrangements can reasonably be made. Depending on the individual circumstance of any request, the final decision to conduct a video consultation will be made by the practice.
- The Video Consultation Service can only be booked once our veterinary team agree it is appropriate to do so. In the first instance you must call the practice, where the options available will be discussed with you. Any agreed video consultation must be pre-booked and is subject to availability.
- Fees will be charged in line with our standard consultation fee. Payment will be taken prior to the video consultation appointment, with receipts sent via email or post. Payment for any further treatments or medication will be taken after the consultation. You will need to call the practice to agree how medication can be obtained (if posted, an additional delivery charge will apply – dependent on the delivery service required).
- The video consultation will take place using the technology platform Microsoft Teams. The Microsoft Teams app must be downloaded by the client and installed prior to the consultation. Please note that use of the app is subject to your agreement to Microsoft’s terms and conditions. This app is currently free of charge (as of 23.03.20) – however, please consult your app provider for the costs at the time of download, as you will be responsible for all costs charged by your network provider relating to the use of this service.
In addition, our standard terms and conditions will apply. They can be found at: https://www.cave-vet-specialists.co.uk/legal-notice