At Cave Veterinary Specialists, our busy hospital provides the ideal environment for you to develop and grow your career as a registered veterinary nurse.
Located in the stunning Somerset countryside, we are a vibrant and friendly team that works together to provide the highest standards of patient and client care. With multiple disciplines and a busy referral hospital, a nursing career at Cave will give you the opportunity to grow into the role you aspire to.
Our nursing team ensures that every patient has a comfortable and seamless journey whilst being cared for at Cave.
What can we offer you as a referral nurse?
- You'll have the chance to experience multiple disciplines and work alongside some of the UK's top veterinary Specialists.
- You'll use state-of-the-art equipment and learn from our current team of amazing nurses.
- A comprehensive induction programme ensures you're fully supported when you start. This support continues throughout your career.
- All nurses start as rotating nurses, but with time, you'll have the opportunity to specialise in disciplines and areas that are of interest to you.
- At Cave, we also have routes for the right candidates to progress and develop their careers into team leadership and management roles.
A dedicated team with experienced discipline-specific nurses
Working alongside our multi-disciplinary team of Specialists and residents, our nursing team can focus on a range of specialisms. This gives you the opportunity to work and develop in an area you're most interested in. These areas include anaesthesia, diagnostic imaging, neurology, internal medicine, wards and theatre nursing.
We empower our nurses to take a high level of responsibility for case management and do our best to create an environment where all colleagues are encouraged to take the initiative to perform to their very best.
As a forward-thinking practice, we're always looking for the nurses of the future and offer continuous opportunities for training and skills development.
Don’t just take our word for it
"I enjoy every day and even after eleven years, I'm still learning new skills."
"My career with Cave has allowed me to develop as both a nurse and a leader, helping to develop future generations of RVNs."
Our benefits package includes:
- Competitive salary
- 5 weeks holiday + bank holidays + your birthday off
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Extensive free online CPD programmes and funded external CPD
- Enhanced sickness pay
- Enhanced equal family leave
- Recruitment referral reward scheme
- Staff discount.
Many of our team have flexible working patterns with options for part-time roles to fit around the work-life balance.
Interested in experiencing life as a referral nurse at our practice?
To support skills development for RVNs, we offer a limited number of day-long shadowing opportunities. You will spend a day working alongside and learning from our fabulous RVNs.
Although a lot will depend on caseloads on the day, we aim to give you exposure to the various roles that make nursing in a referral hospital. A day shadowing our experienced referral nursing team will count towards your annual CPD credits.