At Cave Veterinary Specialists we are proud to have achieved our Investors in the Environment (iiE) Silver accreditation.
Investors in the Environment is a national accreditation scheme, designed to help organisations reduce their impact on the environment and get recognised for their green credentials.
As members of iiE, we receive tailored support and expert advice to help us operate in a more sustainable way.
To achieve our Silver accreditation, we need to demonstrate the following:
- To have put an environmental policy in place
- To have appointed an environmental champion
- To have monitored our gas, electricity and water use, along with one other resource
- To have taken quarterly resource readings
- To have set targets for improved energy efficiency, and demonstrated progress towards achieving these targets
- To have put a recycling system in place
- To have presented our progress annually, and submitted an evidence pack for assessment
To read more about the impact these changes have had click here.
Speaking about iiE, Cave Managing Director David Walker said:
"We’re committed to play our part towards looking after the environment. Here at Cave Veterinary Specialists, we’re focused on making the necessary changes to minimise our carbon footprint."
The introduction and implementation of the environmental policy is a commitment of Cave Veterinary Specialists management and a shared responsibility with our associates.
The policy will be reviewed annually as part of the organisations overall environment management planned.
Signed: Claire Lawrence
Position: Hospital Director
Date: 13 August 2022
Contact details for sustainability enquiries: Ellie West, Clinical Veterinary Anaesthetist (